Koo! Kin-Dza-Dza, Daneliya nominated at the Asia Pacific Screen Awards 2013
FestivalsNovember 18, 2013 18:09
Koo! Kin-Dza-Dza directed by Georgiy Daneliya is among the 5 nominees for the Asia Pacific Screen Awards 2013.
The Russian sci-fi satire Koo! Kin-Dza-Dza by Georgiy Daneliya tells the story of an unlikely Russian couple suddenly transported to a distant planet, where they meet strange people and incredible adventures.
5 animated features will compete for the award. There are two animated films submitted for the Oscars in the list, Miyazaki's The Wind Rises andSang-ho’s The Fake.
The full list of nominees in the category Best Animated Feature Film is the following:
- Koo! Kin-Dza-Dza, Russian Federation. Directed by Georgiy Daneliya; produced by Sergey Selyanov, Leonid Yarmolnik, Yury Kushnerev, Oleg Urushev and Konstantin Ernst;
- Sa-i-bi (The Fake), Republic of Korea. Directed by Yeon Sang-ho; produced by Cho Young-kag;
- Sakasama no Patema (Patema Inverted), Japan. Directed by Yasuhiro Yoshiura; produced by Mikio Ono;
- Kaze Tachinu (The Wind Rises), Japan. Directed byHayao Miyazaki; produced by Toshio Suzuki;
- Goopi Gawaiya Bagha Bajaiya (The World of Goopi and Bagha), India. Directed by Shilpa Ranade; produced by Children’s Film Society, India.
The Asia Pacific Screen Awards recognise and promote the cinematic excellence and cultural diversity of the vast Asia Pacific region.
The 7th Asian Pacific Screen Awards will be handed out on 12 December 2013 at a glittering event in Brisbane's historic City Hall, Australia.
comments powered by Disqus